- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Arthritis Treatment in Greenville, SC
Arthritis is a well known term implying pain in the joint or joint disease. With arthritis, the connective tissue between joints, known as cartilage, is reduced leading to friction between the bones causing stiffness, swelling, and pain. Cartilage is needed to absorb pressure and shock during movements.
Types of Arthritis
There are different types of arthritis that can affect your health including:
- Osteoarthritis- primarily caused by wear and tear of the joints due to age
- Inflammatory Arthritis- inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues caused by the immune system
- Infections Arthritis- also known as bacterial or septic arthritis, is caused when bacteria, fungus, or virus spreads in the fluid surrounding the joint
Symptoms of Arthritis
Symptoms of arthritis may be pretty well known and generally include:
- Reduction in range of motion
These symptoms normally begin as a mild discomfort and gradually get more severe over time.
Causes of Arthritis
Reduction of cartilage between the joints causes friction between the bones. They underlying causes of arthritis can vary based on lifestyle choices and individual biology. Common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
- Joint instability
- Hormonal changes
- Poor spinal alignment
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
When the joint pain is moderate, it is easy to maintain arthritis by maintaining a healthy weight, staying active, hot and cold therapies, and muscle strengthening. These things can offer short-term solutions but do not treat the underlying causes.
Chiropractic care affects the central nervous system as well as the musculoskeletal system and makes which makes it the ideal solution for all kinds of arthritis. Since chiropractic care is well known to restore proper alignment and function of the skeletal system, it seems like a practical treatment for all arthritis-related problems. Your chiropractor perform a complete assessment on your condition and will chart all conditions. He will then come up with an individualized treatment plan to help you achieve pain relief.
Your chiropractor will likely perform spinal adjustments and deep muscle massage.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.