- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment in Greenville, SC
Upwards of 80-90% of people experience degenerative disc disease over the course of their lifetime. It is one of the leading causes of back pain. Seeking chiropractic helps patients manage this common conditions and even prevent it before it even begins.
What is Degenerative Disc Disease?
A gel-filled structure located between the vertebrae, called a spinal disc, provides mobility, stability, and shock absorption to the spine. Degenerative disc disease is the term used when a spinal disc shows wear over time. Eventually this can cause the bones to rub together.
The most common causes of disc disease are as follows:
A history of injury or trauma
Repetitive movement of the spine
Frequent heavy lifting
Luckily, not everybody will develop this disease. Symptoms can vary slightly from person to person. In some people, this disease will cause no symptoms, but in others, the most common symptoms can include:
Compression of the spine
Chiropractic Care for Degenerative Disc Disease
A chiropractor will ask about your symptoms, give you an assessment and chart the results. This will give him a full picture of the condition and help him to choose what the best treatment options are. Common questions include details about your lifestyle, work habits, and family history, as well as noting your posture in certain positions. With the information he is given, he will likely decide to implement postural retraining as well as individualized exercise to reduce recurring pressure on the discs. The goal is to increase stability in the spine and maximize your overall spine health.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.