- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Myofascial Pain Treatment in Greenville, SC
Myofascial pain syndrome is a chronic pain disorder caused by tightness and sensitivity in your myofascial tissues. These tissues provide internal structure by surrounding and holding every organ, blood vessel, bone, nerve fiber and muscle into place. Fascia are made of collagen giving them a texture that allows them to be elastic. Fascia contains nerves that make it almost as sensitive as skin.
Fascia tension was previously rarely considered when trying to determine the cause of chronic pain. In recent years, we have a better understanding of how important fascia is in stabilising function and keeping our body well.
Chiropractic Care for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
By using myofascial release therapy, chiropractor or massage therapists should be able to help you find the pain relief you have been searching for. This technique is performed by applying gentle pressure on the sore muscles over a period of time.
Benefits of myofascial relief therapy include:
Decreased Muscle Tension
Lower Pain Levels
Doctors will seek out the stiff or tightened areas to find specific trigger points that feel tense. They will then perform a myofascial massage to stretch those rigid areas repeatedly with manual pressure until the tension is fully released.
While stretching can help to a certain extent, fascia runs through the muscles as well as around them rendering myofascial massage a more effective remedy. Myofascial release therapy offers a wide variety of benefits to your health and wellness including:
Increased blood flow
Improved joint range of motion
Decreased overall effects of stress on the body
Improved tissue recover
Improved neuromuscular efficiency
Encouraged movement of your lymph, which helps your body fight infection
Myofascial therapy is designed to relieve pain by applying gentle pressure on the muscles. The area the doctors massage may not be where you feel the most pain or even where the pain originates. This is due to the fact that myofascial release is designed to work on the brouder network of muscles that may be causing the issues.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.