- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Piriformis Syndrome Treatment in Greenville, SC
Piriformis syndrome is a condition that causes pain due to the muscle tightening and irritating the sciatic nerve. Trouble can arise due to the fact that the Piriformis is in such close proximity to the sciatic nerve. The piriformis is one of smaller muscles located deep in the buttocks right behind the gluteus maximus. This muscle runs from the lower spine to the upper femur in a diagonal fashion. It usually sits right about the sciatic nerve. The piriformis muscle assists the hips with rotation.
Causes of Piriformis Syndrome
This syndrome can be caused by either sitting for long periods of time or some form of trauma to the buttocks such as an athletic injury, fall, or car accident. This causes the piriformis to expand, swell, and irritate your sciatic nerve.
Chiropractic treatment can offer many options to treat and heal this syndrome.
Chiropractic Care for Piriformis Syndrome
Chiropractic care for piriformis syndrome will help you to regain movement in the pelvic region and lower the pain associated with the pressure on the sciatic nerve. Your chiropractic professional will assess and chart the symptoms to help you come up with a treatment plan suitable for you. Oftentimes, the doctor will make recommendations on lifestyle changes and at home stretches and will also provide joint manipulation services. Joint manipulation and stretching will help to loosen up the muscle ultimately helping the affected area.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.