- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Sciatica Relief in Greenville, SC
If you are experiencing lower back pain that extends to the buttox all the way down to the legs, you may have a common condition called sciatica. Many people seek help from a chiropractor to treat the pain and symptoms of this condition. If left untreated sciatica could continue to worsen and make everyday tasks go from difficult to impossible.
Also known as Sciatic Neuralgia, Sciatica is a condition that causes pain in the lower back, down the back of the leg and into the foot. Sitting or standing for long periods of time can be made difficult and eventually weakness, tingling and numbness in the leg and foot can occur. Often this condition will come and go throughout a person’s lifetime. If left untreated, the pain will generally grow worse and the nerve can be left permanently injured.
The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body. It begins in the lumbar spine and extends into the buttocks and down the leg to the ankle and foot. This is why the pain travels so far when compression is put on the sciatic nerve. If vertebrae in the low back are compressed, the roots of the sciatic nerve can become pinched and irritated. Chiropractic care can help shift these vertebrae back into place and resolve any pain associated with this condition.
Sciatica is most commonly caused by disc injuries and bulges, although a number of other factors can lead to this. Disc injuries can be caused due to poor posture, repetitive use injuries, and accidents. Misalignments in the spine due to postural injuries, pregnancy or trauma may also make you more prone to sciatica.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Chiropractors are highly trained to determine the source of the pain of sciatica and to determine the best treatment option to assist with alleviating pain. After assessing and charting an individual’s root issue, gentle manual adjustments will be offered to allow the body to recover its natural alignment.
Depending on the condition of the disc or joints of a patient, some people will take more time than others to recover. In many cases, the longer the issue has been happening, the longer it will take to recover. This is why seeking the professional help of a chiropractor is crucial for reducing pain and recovering. Once the position of the spine and discs are improved, patients often report improvements in their overall health.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.