- Chiropractic Laser Therapy
- Chiropractor for Arthritis
- Chiropractor for Short Leg Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Piriformis Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Chiropractor for Herniated Discs
- Chiropractor for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiropractor for Coccydynia
- Chiropractor for Cervicogenic Headaches
- Chiropractor for Sciatica
- Chiropractor for Sports Injuries
- Chiropractor for Prenatal Care
- Chiropractor for Elbow Pain
- Chiropractor for Wrist/Hand Pain
- Chiropractor for Foot and Ankle Pain
- Chiropractor for Knee Injury
- Chiropractor for Whiplash
- Chiropractor for Headaches
- Chiropractor for Back Pain
- Chiropractor for Neck Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Sports Injury Relief in Greenville, SC
Sports injuries are very much a common occurrence within the realm of sports. Whether you are a professional athlete or just enjoy taking part in your spare time, pulls, sprains, and strains can occur regularly. While many injuries heal without the need for professional care, other injuries may take an extended amount of time to recover from.
There are steps that you can take to speed up the healing process and reduce any pain or side effects that you experience during this process. Your first step may be hot/cold therapies, sports massage, and oral medications, but you should also consider making an appointment for a consultation with a chiropractor.
Common Sports Injuries
While many injuries may occur simply due to impact, some can also be caused by an underlying problem such as joint or spine issues. These can occur gradually without symptoms until the problem causes something noticeable to develop.
Some of the most common sports injuries include:
- Golfers Elbow
- Groin Strain
- Lower Back Pain
- Thigh Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Achilles Tendon Problems
- Calf and Hamstring Pulls
Sports Injuries Under Chiropractic Care
While some people just play for fun, if you happen to be a professional athlete, an injury could threaten your career. Having a sports injury can be frustrating due to the effects of the injury and also the amount of time that you will need to take away from your sport in order to heal properly.
Many sports-related injuries will involve some sort of spinal misalignment or inflammation. Luckily, a chiropractor is well versed in techniques such as manual manipulations that will restore balance to the spine and body systems. By use of these manipulations, patients show a reduction in inflammation and increased blood flow to the affected area. The increase of oxygenated and nutrient-rich blood will help speed up the natural healing process.
Regular chiropractic care is also important in preventing future injuries. In many cases, a patient may have a weakness or imbalance in their body. Identifying and healing this problem will help an athlete to perform his/her best during future games, averting further injuries.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
Book your service today with the form or receive a free initial screening by calling our office.